Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Quotable India

Since one of the best things about spending time over here in India is the people, I thought I'd give some examples of some of the most memorable and entertaining quotes that I could remember from the great people here! So, enjoy:


“Service our motto”- Bus company motto.

“Oh, we will.”-Joshua


“You wish to be guided by caffeine.”

–Fr. Raju, commenting on Joshua and I making coffee every morning before our studies.


Very Difficult”-

Fr. Joy-Kutty’s response to just about anything.


“Hallo, wie geht’s? Meine liebe colleague!”

–Fr. Joy-Kutty, who spent several years in Austria and Germany.


“Hello? Aa. Aa. Aa. Aa. Aa. Aa. Aa. Aa. Aa. Aa. Aa. Aa. Bye”

–Fr. Raju's phone conversation. (Aa means yes)


“I think, you are very tired…” –Severios

“Nope” – Me

“I think you are working very hard.”- Severios

“Not really”- Me


“This father is very fat, but he is not that old. He is only forty, and quite nice.”

-Severios


(Referring to one of the priests at SEERI) “He is Osama bin Laden’s cousin, don’t you think? He looks very much like him. I think if he were in America, he would be arrested.”

-Severios


(Looking at Joshua’s head) “I think I see some black hairs coming. If you are here long, you will start to look like this (shows us his hair). I think your skin is also growing darker.”

-Fr. Kuriakose


“Drone”

- Father Raju, whenever he saw Fr. Johnson or Fr. Kuriakose, who both have long black beards. Fr. Raju joked that they looked like terrorists, and that a US drone would be coming for them.


2 comments:

  1. That's great. One of my favorite HK ones is a hair studio that offers "fuzzy waving." So tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, thank you. I laughed so hard. It is good to start the day laughing! What great people

    ReplyDelete